I have these posts sitting in my drafts folder, but they’re so heavy that I’m not ready to release them onto the world just yet. Instead I will FINALLY finish writing my post for this cinnamon raisin bread. I wrote the entire post a few months ago and accidentally deleted the entire thing. Let’s try this again.
I wanted to make a moist, sweet and cinnamoney bread that reminded me of those cinnasticks that you buy at the mall, smother with sugar laden frosting and feel guilty about 5 minutes later. I modified my flat bread recipe and ended up with a yummy treat that pairs really well with my cashew cream cheese. Together they make a great packed breakfast for my early morning adventures. I don’t make it often any more because I eat way too much. I hope you enjoy this bread as much as I do.
1 C gluten free self raising all purpose flour
1 small box or 1/3 C Raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 C water
- Grease and preheat cast iron pot or skillet.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add water and beat with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the pot.
- Flip the flat bread when edges begin to get firm and bubbles appear. Underside should be golden brown.
- Remove from heat when underside begins to brown.
What is your favorite sweet treat?