This is actually 2 recipes in one. I make this gluten free flat bread regularly and have been experimenting with adding flavors and fillings. My favorite is coconut filled flat bread because it reminds me of coconut naan. Last week my BFF and I climbed one of the tallest peaks in St Lucia, over 2000 feet. I knew I would be starving when I made it to the top and wanted a protein packed, easy to carry lunch. I decide I would make salmon filled rosemary flat bread. Here is the recipe. (Serves 1)
1/2 c. canned/ cooked salmon
1/4 c. grated carrot
1 tbsp olive oil
*make this vegan by using tofu or beans in place of the salmon
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds or saute until carrots start to wilt.
- Set aside.
The flat bread:
1 c. Doves All purpose Self Rising Flour
1 c. water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- Grease and preheat cast iron pot or skillet.
- Combine all excepting water.
- Mix well.
- Add water and beat with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the pot.
- Spoon the filling onto the center of the batter and gently press it down.
- Pour remaining batter over the filling making sure to cover the edges.
- Flip the flat bread when edges begin to get firm and bubbles appear. Underside should be golden brown.
- Remove from heat when underside begins to brown.
What is your favorite on the go meal?
This looks delicious – and so easily made vegan! Yum!
[…] paired it with flat bread for nice sandwich. I added banana coconut ice cream for a breakfast of […]
[…] enjoy the view from the top. I bask in the sunshine. I’m starving. I eat my lunch. We take lots of pictures and make friends with the other climbers. A lovely couple from Canada. […]
[…] yoga: flat bread with […]