This post has been sitting in my drafts for over a year. To be fair it wasn’t much of a post…just pictures. Also I haven’t made this delicious pasta salad in a while so I will really have to guestimate the ingredients.
This salad is super yummy and easy to make. You can modify it to use your favorite dressings and vegetables. I like to let it sit a few hours before I serve it so that it absorbs the dressing and yumminess.
Here’s what you will need:
- olive oil
- lemon juice or vinegar
- black beans
I use gluten free pasta and I cook according to instructions. Here are my two favorite brands of gluten free pasta. They hold up really well and taste really good.
I use dried black beans and cook them as usual but you can also use canned beans.
Here’s how you make this delicious dish:
- Heat about 2 tbsp olive oil and spices in a large saucepan.
- Add vegetables and beans; saute until vegetables are softened but crunchy.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Fold vegetables into pasta.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot or cold.
Hope you enjoy!