2017 is here! A brand new year filled with hope and promise. I find myself thinking of this new year with apprehension. What will it bring? What does it want to teach us?
I would like to think that we are masters of our destiny and play an important role in our future. But…you now…2016. It seems like 2016 was the year where everything seemed out of control and hate and isolation ruled. But if you look closely you will find that 2016 only pulled back the curtain to show us what was hiding under the surface. 2016 told us that we must keep fighting for what’s right, for truth and LOVE.
As we begin this new year I urge you to let love be your guide. Respond to hate, bigotry and negativity with LOVE. Not the romanticized version of love that that remains silent in the face of oppression but the love that speaks truth and stands on the side of the oppressed. The LOVE that cleanses and fortifies your heart giving you strength, peace and tranquility.
It all begins with LOVE. Love for yourself and others. You are deserving of all love. When you learn to love yourself you find strength to become the best version of yourself. For that is the ubltimate goal of yoga. We are all meant for greatness. In 2017 I would like you to SHINE BRIGHT LIKE THE STAR YOU ARE MEANT TO BE.
HAVE COURAGE TO TRY AGAIN.
Reach for the goals that seem beyond reach. To help you I’m going to share the system I use to help me accomplish my goals.
- Reflect. Before you decide what you want to accomplish take some time to reflect on wherever you’ve been and what you’ve learned; connect to your heart and listen. Listen to your heart and the universe to find your deepest desires and lead you to your destiny.
- Set intentions. The classic Vedic text known as the Upanishads declares, “You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.” Set your intentions and record it. You can write it down or use a vision board.
- Make plans. Once you’ve set your intentions make plans with measurable and realistic goals. Outline all the resources you will need and the actions you must take to reach these goals.
- Take action. Begin working towards your goals. Every little bit counts. You don’t have to do it all at once but you should keep at it.
- Refine plans. Not all plans will be successful. Make changes as you go along. You might have to alter your timeline, add steps or go in a new direction. Change can be a good thing when it’s necessary.
- Repeat. Repeat the steps as many times as you need to. There will be plans that don’t work out like you wished and plans that fail completely. Don’t beat up yourself. Regroup, start over, and always HAVE COURAGE TO TRY AGAIN.
What are your plans for 2016?
- The Power Of Setting An Intention (abovethelaw.com)
- New Year, New Intentions (solve4why.org)