I tried to get this post our earlier. I wrote out the entire thing using the app on my tablet then lost it when my tablet synced. This was over a week ago and I’ve been super busy since. Here goes….
My best friend came to visit me for a week to celebrate my birthday, she is awesome! She had a cold so I wanted to make her something warm and soothing. I was going to make curried lentil soup but I decided to use plain turmeric powder instead because my stomach was feeling weird. The result was this super yummy soup that I just could not get enough of.
Serves 4 to 6
2 cups lentils
1 large carrot
2 large potatoes
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup coconut milk
8 cups of water
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add spices. Stir.
- Heat spices until garlic becomes translucent and soft or turmeric starts to turn brown.
- Add water and lentils. (feel free to remove the pot from heat and letting it cool before adding water)
- Peel and chop potato and plantains.
- Add to pot.
- Peel and chop carrots.
- When the lentils are soft add coconut milk, carrots and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can leave out the coconut milk or replace the turmeric with curry powder or use any of your favorite spices. I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do.
What is your favorite type of soup?
- Lemony Lentil Spinach Soup (spontaneoustomato.com)
- Delicious (Vegan) Mushroom Sweet Potato Lentil Soup (thewholegeek.com)
- Curried Lentil-Leek Soup with Coconut Milk (kaleandbutter.com)
- Curried French Lentil Soup with butternut squash and carrots (ayurjaya.com)
- Creamy Spiced Coconut Lentil Soup (produceonparade.com)